Privacy Notice No.2
We, the company (A24 Group Ltd and its subsidiaries), which trade as Ambition 24Hours, Nursing Services of the UK, Locum Services of the UK, British Nursing Association, Grosvenor Nursing, Mayfair Nurses, First Call Employment and all of Group House, 92-96 Lind Road, Sutton, Surrey, is a recruitment company that provides staff-finding services to clients and work to job-seekers.
Personal data (including sensitive personal information) has to be processed in order for us to provide services to our agency staff and other persons who register with or wish to register with any of the companies within the A24 Group (herein after referred to as “you”). In doing so the company acts as a data controller. Our current Data Protection Lead is Charles Rees.
Personal information (including sensitive personal information) is required from you solely for the purpose of finding the best service to suit your need. All processing will solely be in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (or its successor) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (together the ‘Data Protection Laws’).
The legal bases we rely upon to collect and process your personal data include your consent, our legitimate interest, our legal obligations & our contractual obligations to you.
Personal information will not be shared with any persons outside of the A24 Group, other than, on a restricted basis - our clients, agents of our clients, our advisers/service providers and regulatory bodies.
For example it is likely that:
• our advisers or clients (or representatives thereof) who wish to make use of your services or may request details about you (e.g. qualifications and experience, criminal record)
• our agents, consultants and service providers may need access to your personal data to perform business-related functions
• regulatory bodies such as the Employment Agency Standards or HMRC may review our records to ensure our compliance with prevailing legislation.
The Company may transfer the information you provide to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) - including to our group companies in the Republic of South Africa - solely for the purpose of providing you with our services. Necessary steps will be taken to ensure that adequate protections are in place for the security of your personal information.
We retain the personal data processed for the longer of:
(a) what is required by law/regulation or
(b) what is considered necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Our standard retention period is at least 8 years after our services are provided to you.
We have effective measures and procedures in place to protect the privacy of the data subject and ensure that data protection is integral to all processing activities.
Concerning your personal information attained by the Company to processes, you have the following data protection rights:
• access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
• any rectification of your own personal data;
• to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• data portability in certain circumstances;
• to not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling;
• to withdraw consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any complaint over data issues please contact our data protection officer by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office.